Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Letters Home

In class we had an assignment to find soldier's letters from three different wars. Most the letters I found were similar, saying that they loved whoever they were writing and that they wish they had more time to write. When we were given the assignment I hadn't even thought of those close to me who were receiving letters.

Two of my close friends had either a boyfriend or an ex-boyfriend who'd decided to join the marines. And for the past few months they've only been able to communicate by writing eachother. It suprised me how just writing could bring people closer, to me it seems kind of romantic and if you read the letters they were just that.

Even years later the message people want to give when they're away from their loved ones, in war or training, is that they're safe, they always want more time to write, and most of all they appreciate and love the person they're writing.

No comments: